Better be quick – Satellite phone subsidy scheme ends soon.
If you live in a remote area and wish to purchase a satellite phone, you must apply before March 31st to get the Government subsidy. Don’t miss out on this last chance to save up to 85% on a new satellite phone!
G-Layer would like to inform our valued customers that only two weeks remain if you intend to apply for the subsidy. The government offer is only available to those who apply before 31 March 2014, and the actual scheme will end June 30.
The Satellite Phone Subsidy Scheme is an Australian Government initiative to help people living, travelling or working outside of terrestrial mobile phone coverage to purchase satellite mobile phones. If you are approved for a subsidy, you will be able to buy a satellite mobile phone from a registered dealer such as G-Layer for the retail price less the amount of the subsidy.
Check if you’re Legible
Don’t miss out, save up to 85%
To determine if you are outside terrestrial mobile phone coverage, maps provided by carriers gives you more detailed information on 3G and GSM mobile phone services in Australia.
Take a look at the current coverage:
The Subsidy Scheme at a glance:
- Eligible consumers to whom the Subsidy can be provided include individuals, small businesses, community groups, not-for-profit organisations, Indigenous corporations and volunteer emergency services. The Scheme applies to terrestrial, maritime and aviation users who meet the eligibility criteria.
- You may apply for one subsidy per person or a maximum of two Subsidies per organisation or business.
- You may be eligible for a subsidy of 85% of the cost of the phone (up to max. of $1000) if you live outside of or operate a business outside of cellular coverage.
- You may be eligible for a subsidy of 50% of the cost of the phone (up to max. of $700) if you do not live or operate a business outside of cellular coverage but will spend a minimum of 180 days over a period of 2 years from the date of purchase, outside of cellular coverage.
- The Subsidy applies to purchases of a satellite mobile phone through a registered dealer. The Subsidy is paid to dealers, who deduct it from the retail price of the phone to consumers.
- Your application must be approved prior to your purchase. The Subsidy will not be paid for a satellite mobile phone purchased before your application for the Subsidy is approved.
- To be eligible for a satellite phone subsidy, the satellite mobile phone account must be established in the name of the approved phone purchaser as shown on the Approved Purchaser Form.
For further subsidy information please visit:
To download the subsidy guidelines and application form, click on the following link:
You can also contact us, we’ll be happy to advise you. G-Layer is a registered dealer, under the Australian Government’s Satellite Phone Subsidy Scheme.